Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cross-Country to Alabama!!!

So we left slc on Tuesday morning and started out on our cross country adventure. I knew that I would need this red line energy drink eventually, so I cherished it with all my heart until it was needed (in Mississippi).

I don't know if anyone driving through Colorado or Kansas would have the sudden urge to pet baby pigs or see a 5 legged steer, but if you do, its good to know that the service is out there.
In Denver, we went out to a Rockies game at Coors field. It is touted that Coors field has the best food in baseball and I can attest to that. We had a chipotle chicken BLT sandwich and a smoked sirloin burger. It was devine!!!!


In Kansas, we stayed with John and Amanda (and Taylor and Emily). We had some amazing cookies and got some much needed rest. Thanks again for everything guys!!!

We were up at 5:30am to get an early start on the day and Kelly was treated with a visit by Emily.
In Kansas and Oklahoma we went through a few turnpikes and I realized that I didn't have exact change, so we got $20 bucks worth!! Yea!!!We were driving through Arkansas and found Alma. A small southern town founded by a legendary indian judge.


We headed through Arkansas and passed over the Mississippi river into Memphis. I made a few wrong turns on the freeway, so we spent an extra hour there. I was impressed by how beautiful it was.
We headed out of Memphis and through Mississippi and into Alabama on highway 78. We turned off the freeway and took a backway into Tuscaloosa and it was a tough one. It was 62 miles of country road and since we were wiped out it made it tougher, but we made it there safely.

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I lu uved the Alma story! I miss you guys, the house is so quite without you guys!

Brighten said...

You must always have your camera handy! Seems like a lot of fun. Almost makes me want to take on a road trip. Then again, I'll just go to the grocery store during rush hour and get that right out of my system! I loved the 5 legged stear ad. Maybe it's something in the water.

Angela said...

How is Alabama? Glad you made it there safe!

mae said...

Hope you don't mind me doing a little blog surfing! I jumped over from Shott and Scawna's page. Glad to see you are all happy and having a fun new adventure!